Sunday, July 8, 2012

Carney-Vores, Quiet Winter Nights, and a General JulNo Update

I'm participating in the JulNoWriMo vlog again this year with Sundays being my standard day to post. If you're clever, you realize that's today.  Well, I filmed my vlog this morning at 6:15a when I first woke up and I completely forgot to mention anything about my own novel progress whatsoever.  Thus, a blog post about it to link in the video description was necessary.

I've been working more on Quiet Winter Nights in the Big City than I have been on Carney-Vores, simply because I hadn't planned nearly enough of Carney-Vores out when July hit and I'm still working out all of the kinks and the layout / setup of the park itself. It's hard to BS your way through a novel if you don't even have a setting established! Especially one that takes place in an amusement park; it's quite difficult to put them on rides when you're not sure what rides even exist in that section of the park... So, I spent almost three hours this morning working on building one of the seven sections [admittedly, one of the other sections is just the entrance portal, so that'll be all of thirty seconds to make: platform for the monorail from the parking structure, restrooms, first aid, information, food, drinks, and six staircases leading down into the six themed areas of the park].

I did take screen shots, however, which not only shows the layout of the area [it was the Horror section that I made, in case you're wondering], but also the descriptions and stats of the rides that are there. So, that's going to be helpful.  Once I put all of the images together, I plan on uploading them to my JulNo Drive Folder that I've been sharing with everyone.  That way everyone can see what I see!  Yay!

So, Carney-Vores has been stalled at the end of Chapter Two for most of the week until I plan out some more of the park. I'm thinking that I can have them go into the Horror Section for Chapter Three and Four, that way there is some progress on that novel this week, too.

Quiet Winter Nights... however, has been getting a lot of love, especially after my rewatch of Scrubs recently [QWN is set in a hospital]. It's already into chapter seven or eight, so that's awesome. I'm pretty happy with the way it's progressing, so yay! I added a lot more character images into LSB recently for my main characters, so that's actually starting to come together way nicer than it has been in the past. Time is just so hard to get for little stuff like that RE: details.

My word count as of right now is: 47,332 Words.  Definitely pleased with that!

Until next time,
--erin

No comments:

Post a Comment